As a company director; at what point did you obtain an in-depth understanding of your H&S requirements, moral obligations and legal duties imposed on you?
Most responses will be “I didn’t.” Directors who have been unfortunate enough to deal with an accident and fine will respond “I did but too late.” Whichever you are, this event is essential for you.
Karl Spencer, a company director who said “I did but too late” is the speaker at this event. Before an incident took place in his engineering company in 2014, he thought he was safe – with five separate health & safety accreditations, a full-time H&S advisor, and insurance in place. Karl has organised this event so you can avoid the mistakes he and many others have made.
As a member of the IoD (Institute of Directors), British Safety Council and Chamber of Commerce, Karl Spencer is passionate about helping other directors understand their obligations and legal duties in their business.
This event will help you understand:
- Sentencing guidelines: the recent changes and requirements you really need to know about
- What the HSE need to see, should the worst should happen at your company
- Your responsibilities – even if you employ H&S managers and external consultants
- Handpicked examples from various industry directors who also lived “I did but too late”
- One-to-one breakout session in the IoD lounge after for any further assistance or information required
The event includes refreshments and a Director Pack handout.
The event is priced at £20 and the fee will be donated to a Safety PAL charity.
Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk